Another week, another Working On Us prompt from Ashley at Mental Health @ Home! Check out her original post here.
- Do you own a pet for emotional support and/or service/therapy?
My cats didn’t come into my life for that specific purpose but they definitely help me as emotional support. When I start feeling depressed or anxious I know I can cuddle with my cats. They give me a purpose too. That they would be sad if I wasn’t around anymore.
- Is your pet a certified therapy animal? No.
- What kind of pet do you own? I have 3 cats.
- Do you believe that support animals truly assist those in need? Absolutely.
- Do you believe that any animal can be a therapy/support pet? Yes! Any animal can be supportive.
Describe how your pet is of support to you?
I’ve been pretty depressed lately which makes me lay around in bed a lot. My cats often jump up and lay right next to me, almost as if they’re saying, “I love you and I want to show you that you’re important to me.” They don’t do it at night as often but just having one in my bed makes me feel so much better.